Re: Real World Vingans

From: John Hughes <john.hughes_at_wFHzmqmoDeVqWAmhxAeTA1qOkuClf_F9P_kZpFQjFej9RQFflzUIOhLDyxMQmKYM>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 14:07:30 +1000

>Greg:

>I do this with some trepidation of once again awakening the homophobia
>so common to our Western society.

Am I missing something here? I've been carefully following the debate over Greg and Jeff's 'corrections' to Vinga ever since they erupted. I am painfully aware that what Jeff is claiming is not the same as what Greg is now claiming - YGMV - but I am unaware of any homophobic intrusions. Can someone provide an example? What *has* been discussed is the growing gender essentialism in Glorantha, and the effects this has on women as characters and as players, and the attempt to conflate Heortling gender, social and ritual roles with sexual preferences and cultic allegiance.

I'm catching up on my mail - still behind in replying but slowly catching up - stay tuned. :)

Given there seem to have been changes or misunderstandings in what the 'correction' entails, could I repeat my request for Greg and Jeff to provide a simple clear summary of what they are now proposing?

Cheers

John