Re: Differences between Sartar and Heortland

From: Rob <lamorak33_at_0VUd3xs0E2T05iTzQEbJlubYMiDjSxi5OLHWckdEjd62kBYJNGlYODsm1jOXmQjetP>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 10:03:02 -0000

I really liked my interperatation, that the Heortlanders were essentially like their northern sartarite cousins but had been heavily influenced in culture and language and stuff by the Esvulari/ Rokari/etc. Hence when my players ended up in Whitewall they still felt like they were 'abroad'. This was the impression I got from the RQ3 books, which may or may not still be canon.

However, I understand 'current thinking' is that the Orlanthi live in the hills and the western type folk live in the towns and only meet on market day and are mutually mistrustfull of each other. I don't think this conflicts in any meaningful way with RQ3 stuff, but is contrary to the impression I got from that material.

The latest unfinished work by Jeff and Greg gives all of the answers on this I believe.

Regards
Rob