Re: Epic NPCs and their stats

From: Simon Phipp <soltakss_at_SbA9uYOowpJnPtsmiqyGRn4oTj6Sd1Ett56tXjB4HWAmeoJFIFYSWLKIRSaWst3cZ0O>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 07:00:51 -0000

Me:
> >Now, why can't they do this sort of things for the others?

Donald:
> Why can't *you* do them?

If I did them, they would simply be my interpretation of what the Heroes should be, biased by my tendency towards a more powerful game. I'd like to see what other people think the stats should be and also to see an official or semi-official view as well.

Also, I am a computer programmer and not an RPG designer/writer. I have very little spare time and what I do have is taken up with other things.

Why should I have to do everything myself? I have tried in the past to support RQ/Glorantha/HQ, but there is only so much that one person can do.

Is it a purely hobby-based game supported only by fans or is it a commercial game suported by publishers?

> That took me less than an hour including
> rereading the sources which are all published. Checking some
> of the articles on the web could have added more abilities and
> magic.

Not everyone has access to all the sources for all the heroes. Or the time to do it properly.