Re: Odaylans amongst the Orlanthi

From: Kenrae <kenrae_at_xLtngTZL5GSmevCB5jp8q_B8Wpah28R4QEUfvV5hHoL9PLNZVi3-K_Rca5hicRc8Rc6zZ>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2007 16:20:43 +0200

Thanks for all your answers, they've been really helpful so far. I didn't thought about the possibility of hunting camps and the usefulness of Odaylans in Fimbulwinter. My campaign is in 1609, but I'll try to stress their ability to survive in the Wilderness and help others who can't survive by themselves in case we are still playing on 1622. Since the other two players are a Drogarsi skald and a Vingan they will need his help (if they're still alive at that point, of course :P).

The story of this character really suits Odayla. The player portrayed him as a shy lone wolf with very few friends. His mother died at his own birth and he has no brothers. One of his few friends is his "milk brother", the skald.
If you can read Spanish, you can read about him here: http://glorantha.fronteriza.es./index.php?title=Hareth

The good think about this is that he really wanted to play someone like that, instead of choosing Hunter->Odayla->asocial. You can see that he's really happy with his character.

This character has a special relationship with animals, a kind of empathy with them. Specially inside the Hare Woods. I'm thinking that he should met the Old Hare spirit sometime in the future, but I'm not sure how to do it, and what kind of relationship he could have with her. I suppose I could use the heroquest in Tales of the Reaching Moon as a start.

I already saw Odayla as the most loner of the hunting gods, the most "obsessive". After reading your answers I think I'll stress that trait. It will be interesting to explore the differences between him and the Vingan, who is the exact opposite, the typical happy/social young woman, always smiling, who is liked by everybody.

Something else I'm not sure about is his realationship with Kolating shamans. Right now there are a couple of shamans living near his clan, in the Hare Woods. One shaman and his apprentice, actually. I'd like to introduce them into the campaign as NPCs but I don't know how to do that.

Thanks,
-Sergi