Carmanian Darkness Cults

From: Benedict Adamson <yahoo_at_4ttk-Jy5GodNuHdIcAoRn3QMtjokN9MUkSbaNA778GpPUjMuO_zbYVKL44lbMavW4QWHto>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 17:48:19 +0100

Which darkness cults, if any, do the Magi permit Carmanians to worship? Which of those do they permit non viziers to worship? I know of only one, Saint Abbassar, which has a peripheral role. None of the sample deities in the Carmanian Pantheon Keyword in ILH-1 are darkness deities. Are there any popular Carmanian darkness cults? I can find no references to any. And where did those darkness cults originate? The difficulty seems to me that, when the Carmanian religion formed, all darkness cults would have been co-opted into the Spolite religion and therefore anathema to the Carmanians.

My guess is that all Carmanian darkness cults were created after the time of Karmanos as Saintly Orders or Wizardry Schools, as for Saint Abbassar> Being Sorcerous, they are therefore open to only viziers and can not be popular. Is that so? It has some symmetry with the Light IdoVanus, who is also denied to most Carmanians.