Re: Exclusive Worship

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_cHdEanrD9MVnGk4gKPy7q0p6aIaw0mcO868LxWrilsO8Dw3IGkIJTsCx7FbK-EF1rlVp>
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2008 08:20:49 -0000

> There *are* Gloranthan gods, and they *do* have personal connections

> > I can see devotion implying sole committment to a single god and
> > there being deception involved in worshipping another as well. But
> > that could be done without actually lying.

Devotion more than implies sole committment to a single god, that's exactly what it means. It is simply impossible to devote to more than one god - to say otherwise is a misuse of language (like saying you have a monogamous relationship with two different people). A devotee is his god - when you perform feats you are heroforming the deity. There will be more on this in the "Cults of Sartar" supplement for Heroquest 2.0.

Jeff