Re: Lunarised Sartarites

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_Z6dfjg6YblT8VexjV78A3ZLRbJFArvxTKl8leD_GHew2tMb8FXPxbyQzBP1WZehuunSA>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 23:37:01 -0000

> The second is of interest, but I am particularly keen to learn about the
> third (clans that have broken with the ways of their ancestors).

OK, in Sartar and Talastar, the first category is by leaps and bounds the most common. Those clans and tribes who have stopped sacrificing to Orlanth are probably in transition - either to resume offering sacrifices to Orlanth (when the Lunars can't stop them anymore) or abandoning Orlanth and accepting the Lunar Way. It may take a generation (or more) to make the transition and in the meantime, the clan is just going to be magically weaker.

Many men will worship Barntar as an independent god (instead of as a subcult of Orlanth). Others might worship Heler as an independent god. Maybe the clan will acclaim an Ernalda priestess as their chief, or maybe an Issaries godtalker will be chief - but regardless, the odds are they will not have all their traditional clan magic. They linger on, magically weakened, until the clan either returns to the Old Ways or jumps to the Lunar Way.

Jeff