Re: That "spare" second rune

From: David Dunham <david_at_caarHInRiCg9ad5QBPVEu9wS4qxHckBwQWZgXZ7q4idwRtSDelDuNtIIEipxo7NFWdeZk4>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 23:49:22 -0800

Richard

>I take it the Lankhor Mhy Law Rune = sorcery thing comes in from the
>Sartar book does it? I don't see how one can draw that from what's
>written in the HQ2 rules themselves.

I kind of want to say "good!" We knew that there'd be a delay between the publication of HQ2 and Sartar, and wanted to put something in to guide Gloranthan players. We knew it wasn't enough to cover everything -- I think the size of Sartar shows that we were right about that! The HQ rules are intended to support roleplaying in any setting*, and if we'd given you more about Glorantha, it would have completely overbalanced things.

Anyway, HQ is the basic rules, and Sartar makes them Gloranthan. And it's good to have both!

David Dunham