Re: Literature campaign ideas

From: Pomeroi <pomeroi_at_Ybx9J8VkQbVveV9mmk2NwCl_MYI96GF-1nysc1LnyIu3Vpz4GiFiNtOVubuuSw9FVwlv>
Date: Sun, 06 Dec 2009 12:30:08 +0100

Keith,

some really good ideas. I only commment on some:

> Ghastly Beyond Belief, Science Fiction and Fantasy Book of Quotations, by Neil Giman and Kim Newman - was source material for a Zorak Zoran Death lord episode, and inspiration for a lot of dialogue.

I googled (and amazoned) around to see this must be a very interesting book, but it is very hard (or expensive!!) to get. Out of print and owner ask fantastillions $

> Dickens:
> My Morocanth speak, and act, as if they were characters in a Dickens novel.
> "This is all very well Respected Elder, and very proper, so far as it goes, but it doesn't go far enough."
> "Now, what I want is fat. Teach these boys and girls nothing but fat. Fat alone is wanted in life. Plant nothing else, and root out everything else. Stick to fat,Sir."

I like this very much. It is abig help for a GM to role-play the NPCs, if he has an idea of character traits, attitude, habits... but with only a few words to have "look and feel". I help myself to imagine her as a character in film or literature, or which actor, if I had to cast this role in a film, e.g. "Mr. Spock: Charismatic, distant, cool..., but clothed like an elf in LotR" With a few more thoughts, this is often enough a substitute for the full character sheet.

[..]

Some striking more ideas, thanks Keith.

still looking for more.

Hardy