Re: So now that you have your copies of Sartar

From: Kevin McDonald <kpmcdona_at_oYYsMDQbIL1PY-0T2PobT4TCcbHVq887SLDjgrB3HVDHm4Uy-nSH7nUWBvuEHMRBgdq>
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2009 21:30:17 -0500

On Sat, Dec 5, 2009 at 5:34 AM, Jeff <richaje_at_X5Z84EC5vH2qeCrJ4nkR4nYVv7s6J-ebPRnnH7hPBpGndmb_R3GTBqIA-taeg-p0UdQWIH9l8mhong.yahoo.invalid> wrote: <snip>
> > 3) I am not sure to understand correctly the community support rules for a heroquest. Is it correct to say that the support for a heroqust could be :
> > - a help to cross the barrier (but how much ? the community magic support ?)
>
> You can always use the community Magic rating to cross over (and it doesn't count against your one use of the community rating) - although importantly DO NOT LET CROSSING OVER BE A BARRIER TO ADVENTURE! That means if it is important for the storyline that the players go on the heroquest, let it happen.

It should also be mentioned that HQ2 as several ways to accomplish this in interesting ways. You can use an arduous auto-success, for example. You can also interpret failure as lingering penalties. Either method preserves the suspense of the contest without the possibility of causing a dead end.

-Kevin McD