Re: So now that you have your copies of Sartar

From: Trezaae <lokamayadon_at_3tLiqg4eCbpZdBYoJTQxFv_PLK3w2pay-XEhUI9VFm49DNbm34g2I_gtTMIOVXYq>
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 2009 12:22:26 -0000

 > So I'm thinking the basis of lunar magic is a glamour, a temporary
> reality created by the lunar from the interaction between himself and
> the runes of the lunar immortal that he worships.

Wahoo !!!
It's not very important to know if it's canonical or not because your ideas are very cool

> I don't think the Lunars can do HQ2 style feats, although they can use
> their runic affinity indirectly. What they could do create charms or
> spells, although the nature of the magic is limited by the immortal they
> are following - if it's contrary to the example of the immortal they are
> following then they can't get the required insight to follow it. For
> example, a Yanafali will not able to craft a stop resurrection spell
> because that's contrary to how Yanafal defeated Humakt. Likewise a
> Jakaleel witch cannot use her lore to create spells because the crazy
> old woman that she followed made charms and nothing else.
>
> They could innovate but that requires heroquesting. Most often they
> will rely on the stored knowledge of temple to craft their glamours,
> whether it be dusty old scrolls, yodaesque teachers or spiritual exercises.

Very interresting but I have to think about it to know what it means in game terms and verify if I have the sufficient information (or imagination) to describe all the lunar magic I need. Could I use the feats described in ILH2 to imagine what can be the glamours ? I have to try Thank you Peter