Re: So now that you have your copies of Sartar

From: julianlord <julian.lord_at_8POnoCQkIBvUgRUl_mM7RelXPX-XH4DNBaEmuQhSyKagjGAiQyOLb8qAu7-_gk2A>
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2009 00:02:20 -0000

Peter :

> L C wrote:
>
> > Me too. Especially with the apparent end of the 3 worlds as a mechanical
> > construct. If the plan is for each culture to have their own magic
> > system, it could get very interesting.
>
> You seem to have read too much in what was said. The three worlds are
> still around. They just haven't drawn too much attention to it in the
> Sartar: Kingdom of Heroes.

The N Worlds business is confusing, although it has become quite robust from a deeper cosmological perspective.

The game rules that were derived from it in Hero Wars and the earlier HeroQuest books were OTOH fairly top heavy and of dubious gameability.

The only typically meaningful distinctions are between Our Home ; Our Neighbours' Lands ; Enemy Territory. Unless you are playing in some VERY strange kind of game with a great deal of activity in numerous otherworlds and the actual possibility by the way of the characters transcending them up/in to the higher/older planes (LOL), then you really don't need any more detailed rule than this.

Julian Lord