Re: Literature campaign ideas

From: Pomeroi <pomeroi_at_NwKGs-YaHfulyC2pIbbTUFgafLrH37ssMBcKTrFx3Cq4cfPXj5as0y0v0Sm-f0O8Ov5j>
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2009 19:43:53 +0100

Keith,

>> Ghastly Beyond Belief, Science Fiction and Fantasy Book of Quotations, by Neil Giman and Kim Newman - was source material for a Zorak Zoran Death lord episode, and inspiration for a lot of dialogue.
>>

> I googled (and amazoned) around to see this must be a very interesting
> book, but it is very hard (or expensive!!) to get. Out of print and
> owner ask fantastillions

I did find an affordable offer and ordered it. Today it was in my box. What a marvellous gem! Just stopped flipping pages to write this post.

As for your latest suggestion:

As a German, I did not know Dr. Seuss. The net told me a lot about him, and of course we know Grinch a.s.o.
Funny, how children books can give ideas for role-playing, but you see it again and again, how grown ups visit the movies for modern versions of those.

Thanks again, Keith

I give you one of my favourites:

Frans G. Bengtsson: The Adventures of Röde Orm (English title: The Long Ships in) Old Germans (and Danes, Norse, Swedes), Vikings, christianisation and religious razzmatazz (don't forget the Moores in that time)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frans_G._Bengtsson (sorry, of course the German and Swedish wiki tells much more about him, but that would not help most of you ;-)
http://www.amazon.com/Long-Ships-Frans-Gunnar-Bengtsson/dp/000612609X

May be it is still in time to have this very funny, suspenseful, and still historical correct Saga (Bengtsson "almost" being historian) “under your X-Mas tree”!