Re: Monasticism and Mysticism.

From: Peter Larsen <p3larsen_at_ZjoBxI8PJZzyPRpqbH_SUYZ_w8ofpwj-XX_Yizep3AIrwwRxIevNoGJM5KgpyAdlrbp>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 14:56:04 -0500

On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 1:41 PM, Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_XgPjLoiZKTE8CRaIAKxLroiH_mnbsMyfrcNM_SvSJwna6r0GdOpUdzJiGlEolEmS8_gA0pHw38v5HzqAWy_6Adn2kNU.yahoo.invalid
> wrote:

>> Except that how does failing mysticism lead to cool powers? Refute
>> Reality is a rules artifact of the repudiated HW mysticism rules, a
>> searing eyebolt of doom is not. Sheng Seleris and Oorsu Sara did not
>> fail their mysticism while using their powers for goods, they were
>> seeking to attain the ineffable but chose the world instead. Even then
>> its a huge stretch to posit the fearsome magics they wielded were a
>> direct consequence of their failing mysticism 101. It's like arguing
>> that having a lapse in Christian Mysticism gives you 30 pieces of silver.

I may have misread this. Or re-reading, if their powers didn't come from misapplied mysticism, where did they come from? What I recall of Sheng Seleris and his history does not leave a lot of time for developing the crazy power outside of his mystic studies. If I am misremembering or missing something, I'd be glad to hear about it.

Peter Larsen