Re: Monasticism and Mysticism

From: Chris Lemens <chrislemens_at_1wUS79asW9DHbYbzRZi4LnhMUKAcsFi2-REe6cigADY12oOsrf6m7sizZZ0vBimu>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 16:03:46 -0800 (PST)

Julian says:

> The way to look at it is, how do the magicians learn new magic ? Theists try to become more like their gods ;
> animists go out to try and get more stuff ; sorcerors seek to learn new things.

Here's another way of thinking:
Animists see the otherworld as filled with things have personality and that you control.Thiests see the otherworld as filled with things that have personality and that you emulate. Sorcerers see the otherworld as filled with things that do not have personality and that you control. Mystics see see the otherworld as filled with things that do not have personality and that you emulate. All generalizations are false. So is this one. But it helps me think about mystics.

Chris Lemens