Re: Three Runes

From: Trotsky <TTrotsky_at_EonK6XIAdF4RuCUqc8jlnfyU0ru8YyZa69-XjY3nB3lYpO39SVABcuwSQfChbbTMdzw>
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 20:29:56 +0000

L C wrote:

> And do all people have runes associated with them, even if tapping that
> rune through emulation is just a Theist thing?

The way I view wizardry is that yes, wizards do have runes, but they can use these only to augment magic from a suitable grimoire, not as direct rune affinities in the theist sense. This reflects their natural psychological tendencies and ability to intuitively perceive and manipulate the appropriate sorts of energy, of course, and has nothing to do with any connection to personified higher powers (ha! the very idea!) In other words, if you have a naturally peaceful personality, you will find it much easier to manipulate energies associated with the Harmony rune; it comes easily to you in a way that harnessing destructive power would not. Where Air and Earth are the most common runes among Heortlings, Law is especially common amongst Malkioni.

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic

Not a Dead Communist: http://jrevell.blogspot.com/