Re: Three Runes

From: L C <lightcastle_at_4FRyx4MB7jVrlg3-0L11RVnER_3Iw0T5TjLVpCTXHAVl3LgJVlZ3Vk2f9baU1H1h>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 17:36:21 -0500

  THAT's his name! Dobdurban!

And yes, I do think that for Orlanthi (working now with the idea that this "three runes at initiation" thing is directly from the Heort and Second Son rites) the rune is stuck there early and requires huge effort to change. Since men (Orlanthi All) end up with the Air rune, it is WAY easier to get them to shift to a different understanding of the air rune than to completely sever them from it and try something else.

That's fine and I've decided personally that since the rune affinities link comes from the Heort rites, which are shared across ALL Orlanthi cultures, not just the ones we call Heortlings now (if I remember correctly, if I am wrong I am sure someone will point it out), then all Orlanthi have runic affinities like this.

Doesn't settle the question of anybody else, but if you go through the Heort rites, you get rune affinities. That's what they do.

LC