Re: Three Runes

From: L C <lightcastle_at_oM0nFoVXsyfxtuNIY43pL3lDjkkZIjdznY6v3IZbehyOcqCEBEBb3RVpzJeCSEOQ>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 23:54:01 -0500

  John Machin wrote: >

> If people are involved they can make mistakes, or misread signs - or
> deliberately choose to misread signs perhaps.

Indeed. How could such a thing EVER happen? ^__^

> Some theists *say* that the gods choose their followers. Perhaps they are
> right? Do the gods mark their chosen with runes, or are they chosen always
> those already marked with them? Or does chosing cause one to be marked? Or
> does... (etc)

Heh.
Actually, one thing someone who has the book might answer. Do the Orlanthi view the lay initiation as wakening the runes/affinities or as connecting with the gods?
In other words, do they view you as having a connection with runes or as a connection with a god? (Even if it is an odd subcult of the god to explain the third rune.)
Like if I'm Air, Movement, Plant am I viewed as "having those three runes" or "some weird plant-focused subcult of Orlanth" or something? Or am I viewed as being torn between two or three gods until I initiate to one of them?

LC