Re: Three Runes

From: L C <lightcastle_at_ETQRAZksOAry5zITDtmCOoIVUmixluakxGP2MXc2jmDiHlc3Q9Xl-WxT8mrgrmDF>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 00:24:47 -0500

  Alexander Entelechy wrote:

> Well my biggest concern is what if my values change in
> character. What if my Humakti experiences things that make him want to
> worship
> life instead of death. If I’ve already given him his three runes then
> it means
> I’m fighting against myself to do that.

Which can be dramatically interesting. Also, as I mentioned, the whole "cycle through the goddesses" thing that shows up. I think there is a similar thing going on with some male cults - maybe not Orlanthi ones.
There is, as someone pointed out, a way to HQ to get the magics of a mastery rune (or something like that) so it strikes me that your Humakti guy could definitely go that route.

> I have to lay down my sword and my magic and fight against
> my nature to worship life. Now that could be dramatic but it also
> strikes me as
> a little bit odd. It would seem to me that a Humakti who turned to the
> worship
> of life would actually have a deeper understanding of the life rune than
> others. I mean he actually had to have a value laden reason to choose
> that way,
> other worshippers are just born with the rune.

Similarly, I seem to recall many who get resurrected by Chalana Arroy magics find themselves detached from life, and many others embrace her ways. The first often join Humakt. (I may be misremembering this) The second often join CA. In either case, it seems they would have to get a new rune.

LC