Re: Three Runes

From: Todd Gardiner <todd.gardiner_at_V_P0QA4fUBlT9kGNnlfBCqIIspPuqi8hiqQ1NUxtTD4sbgKTscI85FDkWzHdjh>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 09:04:55 -0800

I guess I just see Gloranthan cultures are more conservative as you. The story would be more than just a person struggling with internal demons, finding catharsis, and then changing the way they act in the world. I would also be a story about how the cult you are leaving feels betrayed, about how you are taking their secrets and "running to the otherside". It would be about alienation from your bloodline and clansmen as they begin to doubt you. After all, if you can make such a radical change once, you can do so again and again.

After all, you are following the Arkat path. Not an easy path to walk.

And who is going to trust the Eurmali that says he has given up his disorder to begin healing people? Would you want his help? Would you trust him? I think it is the same for the Humakti that says he wants to run an orphanage (or whatever). I ain't sending MY kids there, darn tootin'.