Re: Three Runes

From: L C <lightcastle_at__XnxqODEwkRSvLhd2pGdtdBYFflVZOq60cpD21WIyaOAgtEAQdnZgxcMco8GUbOA>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 14:57:57 -0500

  Gavain Sweetman wrote:

> No the relife sickness is still there (box on p148). Most go towards
> death rune, but "Devotees are sustained by their god and rarely have
> this problem. Persons raised by Chalana Arroy healers have less Relife
> Sickness than those resurrected by other means." Some go the other way
> and have a shift to preserving life.

Coolness. I did think it a nice part of the world.

> You could model it using lingering benefits, but on a permanent basis,
> or perhaps in the case of a hero there shouldn't be any question of
> the hero not being resurrected only a question of if they have
> problems with relife sickness.

You could model it in any number of ways. Depends what you want from the story. As you say, for a hero, it could just be a Relife sickness challenge. For someone else it could be the fact that the player looks at you and goes, "My character just died and came back, that's going to screw her up and I want to scramble all kinds of things because of it" and you go do that.

LC