Re:Outlawry = death

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_Vwyptj5Mhj6mKlFcfFI37e91GosLw2eHzoQGJ3wVwf8Gva1010XaLaxI_Mt2NCJ58oZc>
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2009 20:51:54 -0000

> > YGMV, but that's how I see it (as a lawyer who has spent a lot of time
> > looking at various historical legal systems and has wasted much time
> > pondering the ramifications of community liability).
>
> As I said, it's something for the Lawspeakers to hash out. I can see
> arguments for both sides of the case.

If I were GMing this, I'd give a big difficulty modifier to your argument! The basic problem is that under the logic of communal liability, it doesn't matter that Killer-Varanil is outlawed or dead (same thing really). Your clan "owes" the Grey Dogs because of the actions of someone who was a member of your clan at the time.

BTW, this is yet another reason why Full Outlawry is so rare - clans have a strong incentive to patrol the behavior of their members.

Jeff