Re: Battle of Grizzly Peak

From: Stewart Stansfield <stu_stansfield_at_5NOmVweKVXvVAdVLHii5RdBKHdFpG-cAaiI30ASgAa80mnwMHv4UYpBScm44c>
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2009 15:40:10 -0000

Peter:
> So I have been looking around a bit, and I am not finding too much on
the
> Battle of Grizzly Peak. Is there a good description of the event
(maybe
> units involved, general course of the battle, etc)? King of Dragon
Pass
> pretty much just seems to say Tarkalor and the Feathered Horse Queen
died,
> the proto-Exiles and Sartar got whopped, modern Tarsh was established.

I had a similar interest a few months back, Peter, and I'm afraid I was similarly stumped. It's a prominent event woven into many histories, but largely left to the imagination.

One quick note I will add: if you're interested in participants, many writers use this key event in the histories of the tribes they're interested in. Greg, in his descriptions of the powerful Colymar (also in KotS), has its king present at the battle. John, in his writings on the Far Place, has Tarful Darkshield, king of the Tovtaros, present. David and his fellow contributors on the Greydogs &c. (e.g. TotRM #18- 20) have Lornar, king of the Lismelder, present. I, interested in... ('Yes', sadly.)

If you're interested in more dubious and/or libellous sources, Hearts in Glorantha #2 (out very soon) features some things, including the tale of a group wereducks retreating from the subsequent fall of Bagnot.

Stew.