Re: Plague of Healing scenario

From: Chris Lemens <chrislemens_at_yCYnszCoOAkb8diFciTCXk0AmEQJlUSagHGJLhTuTEeteHsRy5gvqgyp-j7cO6tH>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 14:56:26 -0800 (PST)

This one's a gem.

Gian:

> We should envision what would happen if everybody gets well, for no apparent reason.
> No work for healers, no more need to call for divine blessing on birthing or on susptected
> food or on vermin prevention, less sacrifice and less worshipping could drive mad any
> community/temple/clan, in a short matter of time.
> Then lot of suspicions, lot of divinations, investigations, red herrings and then...

i think the suspicions part is the most fun:
"It must be dragons! I saw a dragon-newt in the woods! At least, I think it was."
"It's those damn lunars making us think we're healthy! It's all a big trick. As sson as we start worshiper Her, we'll get sic again."
"Blame the trickster!"
"It's all because I'm such a great chief that the gods have blessed us."
"Our healer is so good that she doesn't even need to do anything to heal people. We're famous!"
"I must be Illuminati! They're everywhere."
"Your clan is just sending all the sickness spirits or way. We'll raid you unless you stop!"

Then, when the effect starts to fade, there's even more blame to dish out, especially to anyone who previously claimed credit.

Chris