Re: Status of HeroQuest Publications

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_eFqiIOPwgJE0Ncc_9ifLRneYV55Sj5i5qD_hc--NLvle9se2AkYPRW6c7IVvE3C0MNgu>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 21:18:15 -0000

> > Well, it's the beginning of a new year, so I'd thought I'd invoke the
> > Great Compromise and ask about the status of HeroQuest 2.0, Pavis, and
> > Cults of Sartar.
>
> Waiting for the MS to come back from ProofRead/Copyedit; being written;
> being written - in that order. I can't be any more specific at this
stage,
> as everything is in Someone Elses Hands at this point, and those
Someone
> Elses have all missed ETAs.

As an author involved in all three, let me give a little more info: 1. Heroquest 2.0. Artwork is still being finished, but otherwise it is pretty much done.
2. The Sartar Book. This one is big - a one volume handbook for Sartar, its cults, tribes, places, creating characters and clans, heroquesting and a campaign arc. Text is about 85% finished, then it is time for art and maps. I reckon we will have something available in time for Tentacles.
3. Pavis Book. Loz and I will be doing this once we are done with the Sartar Book. We have a structure, several new scenarios, additional cults, and lots of new material.

Keep in mind: the writers on all these projects are Loz, Ian, David and myself (and Robin in Heroquest 2.0), with plenty of input from Greg and with the art being coordinated by Simon. We aren't paid, we are doing this for the love of the setting and the game.

Jeff