Re: Status of HeroQuest Publications

From: donald_at_fUSEx2SD2nJVPc1difnfC1T98Q1sQYAZiyDlR4umNN4El4RCYuHXPRj2kzOhg1Wq1wUWV
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 16:21:07 GMT

In message <gl1fq4+adj6_at_eGroups.com> "jclebreu" writes:
>What a lot of amazing news !
>- FarPak written
>- Oak and thorn written (for years !)
>- 2 books about the west (youpi !!!!) written
>- The coming storm (I don't know this one...) 75% written
>
>Thanks you very much to all the authors for their works ! I "can't"
>wait for all this stuff ! :))
>
>But it seems surpising to know that a few books are written but not
>published... Financial reasons ?

Well I'm not in any way involved in the Moon Design/Issaries publishing. However I do know that writing is just the first stage of publishing. There's editing, layout and artwork before you have a finished manuscript. Then there's arranging the printing and checking proofs before the print run can be started.

In a commercial publisher that's a team of paid staff so I suppose you could say that the reason is financial - nobody is getting paid.

Like many others I'm disappointed more isn't being published quicker but at the same time I understand what's possible given the situation.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/