Re: Death Rune and creating undead

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_rMfA2KfswNuWlYADJmdQjyoKobURoEl-2VPZu0vEra-QwKjCqbQUSkEjIT-0kFMw05jg>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 18:31:07 -0000

BTW, an equally good word for undead is unlife.

> > Basically, are undead a manifestation of chaos?
>

> No, but almost. IF you had to assign them a Power, it would be something
> between Disorder and Chaos. You know, something like Undead, or Hunger.

I think Unlife/Undead like that which plagued Kethaela was a type of Chaos. Such a monstrosity operates outside of the Ancient Polarities and is an impossibility on its own terms, like Stagnant Change or Lying Truth. But Chaos ignores such structure and logical rules, allowing such monstrosities and perversions.

Not everything classified as Undead is the same. Frex, the Dead who walk the Sacred Road of Esrolia each Darkness Season are not undead and not Chaos. And the animated skeletons and corpses who follow ZZ might be something different as well.

Jeff