Re: Orlanthi Female Spirit practices

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_yTUyk4P1gaks1MStku8nbcDdGWFbPm7bwsotQ62CRX87sfo5_BG3l6LsfBehcneq6vqY>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 14:45:43 -0000

> > I have a Kolating who is about to make the step to becoming a
shaman. It
> > set me thinking, is there a female counterpart to Kolat? He with
the storm
> > / Orlanth relationship he seems a very male oriented Tradition.
> May I inquire why you say that? The write up states, "There is no gender
> discrimination"
> http://www.glorantha.com/support/kolat.html

Also keep in mind, the Kolat tradition is very broad and a Kolating does not have to emulate Kolat the way an initiate of Orlanth or Ernalda does. There are several spirit societies in Sartar, most organized around a single big spirit or group of spirits; probably the most important is that of the Storm Bull which coexists with divine worship of Urox.

Jeff