Re: Lodrili Settlers and Sacred Time ceremonies

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_3EaWpSwTDDf-EkO6NCyVQOg4hNdrtj8EyaHOJrmHHxG-QmT1FfS0LYphDg8DjGf9TRzf>
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2009 08:31:04 -0000

> >[Raus]'s here for having "rebelled" against the Emperor or the
> >Satrap of Kostaddi or some other Lunar muckety-muck.
>
> Raus's clan rebelled but Raus stayed loyal. The circumstances
> were that a dart competition went wrong and broke out into fullscale
> warfare requiring putdowns by imperial troops. Since the Sable
> Sultans are known for treating the Kostaddi like filth for having
> sided with Sheng Seleris, it's likely that they were the target.

Personally I don't think Raus' clan rebelled - they got into a violent confrontation with another leading clan which had the favor of the Red Emperor (and was probably from another province - read Borderlands carefully). Raus professed fully loyalty to the Empire and was not killed but was exiled beyond civilization.

The full details are not known - and might not ever be, allowing narrators to keep it mysterious or to use whatever internal Lunar political conflict they want.

Jeff