Re: Dara Happan/Lunar Thief Gods

From: Stuart Cogger <stuart_cogger_at_HwJxQIjf_iFprBaP4G1KtAsCUwF_G-NO7V6ZgQ9rRX8V0Jrhrxk73J_6Zk2Q7X>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 09:40:58 -0000

> The best source on Raibanth is "Shreds of Light and Reason" which
was
> a Continuum release last year. If you are running a game set in
> Raibanth: beg, borrow or steal a copy. Here's a few snippets:
>
> Many beggars and other criminals in Raibanth worship Netta the Night
> and Deshlotralas, Keeper of the Third Hell. Such worship was
oppressed
> by the Dara Happans but not so by the Lunars.
>
> BTW the worst part of Raibanth is Low Town, which is along the Oslir
> River. All manner of lowlives reside there: laborers, peons,
beggars,
> thieves and merchants.

It's just deep background for a character in the game which is set in Dragon Pass. By happy luck over judgement I hinted that he hailed from slums on the banks of Oslira so that fits nicely with the idea of Low Town.
The idea was that he was offered the army or the Danfive Xaron cult for his crimes so I guess that implies that they were pretty hardcore criminals, so "Deshlotralas, keeper of the Third Hell" sounds good although I know nothing about the god beyond the name... The character now worships Darkness so Netta the Night is perhaps too convenient - I wanted a radical change...

http://sites.google.com/site/runequestcampaign/