Re: OrenDanae Rites

From: donald_at_IHiMG97SuKOSPawS7tHenEA7OH-oGecJL1ps83VktnavmjXCboLh_RhF8I4NHkLnVOAFQ
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 13:08:12 GMT

In message <99C1A71E8D794052B9DDA96D6B9170D5_at_OIiA2kq7AZ7O1XLgO6f7aX39BcNi94kn4AUYh_G6A6SH24rEUpFjNpdDkRi4g1ERoUS2V73efBE37GvWolwVBaC1aK_Uy07lEJ8FeGA9jGMd1wT8kxbWOg.yahoo.invalid> "Matthew Cole" writes:
>Hi all
>
>Can anyone tell me about OrenDanae Rites please? IMG the leader of
>the Tresdarnii of Ironspike is a 'Queen', head of the Earth Ring.
>
>"In a few clans, an Ernalda priestess may also be acclaimed chief
>through what are called Orendanae Rites."

Thunder Rebels Pg. 200 - the Ernaldan subcult Orendana the Queen.

What the actual rites are hasn't been published and probably vary from clan to clan. Same as for the Orlanth subcult of Dar.

I would speculate there is more emphasis on fertility, consensus and mothering the clan with Orendana than with Dar. At the same time the objective is the same - choosing and endorsing a leader. There are probably some ritual elements which relate to the clan's wyter.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/