Re: I invoke the Great Compromise

From: David Dunham <david_at_uXAx2oGhzi5o7J-W6NeYMpsPQ7MKznT6B_H-SpNZVPqtgOu0ZaR3LW7-cBiAAWOVN24UVG>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 20:08:06 -0700

Nick

>Actually when I pull mine out it's more beige than grey, though the upper
>half is dominated by a grey-green sky. But still somewhat drab and not going
>to stand out on a shelf.

I made a rather drab printout too, but as you can see from the online version, it looks fine on screen. I'm going to trust that whoever prints knows something about color matching, and will make it look good.

As always, I caution people from reading (or seeing) too much from prereleases.

Andre

>If i would be publishing HeroQuest the main rulebook would be Glorantha
>only, and then i would publish a generic version of the rules. (That worked
>once before: RuneQuest and Basic RolePlaying!)

Actually, I don't think it worked all that well. I don't recall that BRP sold terribly well.

Anyway, there will be Gloranthan source material as well as the generic rules.

David

>So about a year before we see the pdf and another year before it
>gets printed and then another six months before it gets to stores.

You're free to wait. I would bet that the rest of us will be reading it a lot sooner.

--

David Dunham