Re: Good bye

From: Trotsky <TTrotsky_at_lDN6d1iRQpe6Q9pcogZZE2p3Cg5SbfudZtfvFlaHgU97QZX-PsdYUzoHVtjX9hZWtBW>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 21:21:23 +0000

Brian Curley wrote:

> It's unfortunate that Greg hasn't been able to find an arrangement with
> someone with the time and resources to publish the material in a timely
> manner.

I gather that the editing and artwork for LotW1 are both finished, and since people have volunteered to the layout and haven't been given any to do, that implies that that is in hand, as well. Which means that you're highly likely to be right that time and/or money are the real problems. Ironically, I do have the time, and quite possibly the money, too (the advantages of having no children, and a paid-off mortgage), but I can't quite see Rick having me first on his list for people to help out, given my publicly stated feelings about HQ2.

Such is life, of course.

> I suspect that some of the problem is that Glorantha is a
> 'living' world. Greg and the current Keeper-of-the-Flame (Jeff Richard,
> at the moment) keep evolving their ideas and changing their minds about
> what is GAG and not-GAG. Which results in a project which was considered
> "finished" with the writing stage previously suddenly needing to be
> revised when "things change."

I don't think this is the problem with most of the books - or, at least, not that I've heard. It certainly can't be the problem with HQ2, at any rate. With the Great Argrath Campaign, maybe, but I have no information on that.

> Rick... I don't even know if you read this list, but I wish you the
> best. You've always been extremely decent to me and I appreciate your
> passion. I just wish you had the cash and time to match it. I hope
> things change in your favor soon.

Hear, hear. And I agree with pretty well everything else you said in the post, as well, FWIW.

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic

Not a Dead Communist: http://jrevell.blogspot.com/