Electronic publising (Was Re: Good bye)

From: Paolo Guccione <p.guccione_at_gG1lMkdeQcNzvN37qFU7WNYEJyDY_lDIVsjy3RAFzA02a2agMj1eMflwHsBduo3Wn>
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 15:08:54 -0000

> The question I have here is whether or not LuLu lets you decide to print
> on your own. i.e. - You can buy the PDF, and then individual customers
> decide to print it up, so they absorb the cost?

No. If you want a professionally printed copy you must purchase the book on Lulu. You cannot (or at least you should not) upload your purchased PDF and print it. If you want to make a book from a purchased PDF you have to bind it yourself after printing.

One possible solution could be giving a discount for the phyisical copy if you have already purchased a PDF, but I see no way to handle such a thing with the currently available technologies.