Re: Liminal heroquest in Galactica finale

From: Ian Cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_6y3x7wk0LNWNxENnyTaen59frKVwBXhkJXLtv2-AnzbRZ7JrYm_lYKw1r>
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 15:52:22 -0000

Interesting. I liked it. Which may suggest something about our different preferences. Not sure what though.

> Which is one of the reasons that story arc made so little sense, >and derailed so much.

I agree that 'derailing' can be an issue, but those episodes that made sure that they focused on the series theme and characters pulled together better.

> the "Wow, that damp squib was the ending for your TV show after having a whole year knowing you were aiming to an end?"

Probably not the place for us to debate that <g> but I think it is more recognition that once plot lines in this kind of 'evolving' drama become to entangled you need to end. Not saying that it not a limitation, but look at lost for a counter-example of running too long.