Re: Help with NPC

From: L C <lightcastle_at__bqksAwWiTKrDQ3E9cwrGIqbnCgE89MiskYaKkpw_t7DKvuBwi77mjbKBfRFMhqS>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 10:20:17 -0400

Gavain Sweetman wrote:

>In RQ2 (ancient I know :-)) which I happen to have the rules for SIZ
10 = 150cm and each SIZ point after that adds 5cm. Doing the math gives you SIZ 86 = 530cm.

*nod* Given that the Clanking City book for the new RQ has the Zistorite war machines at SIZ 110 and also mentions they are the size of a blue whale (~33m), it seems the new rules use a different scale. (as 110 in the RQ2 math would be 650cm, or over 26m short)

>Since the head and bodies are being treated separately and assuming a
head is roughly 1/8 th of the length of the body: you get body to shoulder about 4.6m and head 2.5m.

>That's gotta look weird!!

Indeed. Well, if I ever do anything Glorantha-related again, I still might make Cwim the ultimate fate of Triumvirate because it amuses me. :)

Thanks!
LC