Re: R: The thing with goats

From: ttrotsky2 <TTrotsky_at_7IYhukaQYOkl_PQDPg5-Q8YHgrTO7fo3-RkgYY0A1Wq9kUdqeTxEpyL_73rwhuKCf9X>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 17:08:26 -0000

Keith Nellist:

> Goats in the real world have several characteristics that make them
> nasty creatures. The males smell bad. They tend to overgraze
> pasture.
> They are more violent than sheep or cows. I don't know much about
> their sex lives but in Glorantha we have both Ragnaglar driven mad
> in
> the sex pit, and those Goat worshipping guys in Kostaddi who believe
> in lots of good sex so my guess is that in Glorantha at least they
> are at it more than rabbits.

Billy goats have a reputation for being randy. Difficult to say quite how true this is, compared with any other animal - these days, at least, they're usually only kept for stud purposes, which might tend to bias one's view. Equally, I don't think the nannies come into oestrus any more frequently than sheep do, but never having kept sheep, I can't be sure about that. Anyhoo, the concept of randy billy-goats has good RW folklore antecedents.

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic

Not a Dead Communist: http://jrevell.blogspot.com/