Re: Where in Glorantha is this?

From: John Machin <orichalka_at_mVzzC3kpi3dM_JOJULJcjTUqje3dyPchU2Ial-x8Ct_lPZZ4Kbl1RkFoNQn1N8XYGH>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 09:29:10 +1000

Re-imagined Holay? Somewhere in Kralorela?

I think people may be getting carried away with the visual tropes of Europe in wanting to shunt this into the West. What are the essential themes and motifs? Cynical political use of religion? Unfair, inconsistent, division of rights? Dictatorship of custom? It could be almost anywhere really!

[I have also just decided that I like the idea that There Is Always Another Way could lead to some pretty rubbish systems of legislation and precedence - rife with exceptional circumstances. This sort of thing might be okay for a clan but may not be ideal for a kingdom.]

--
John Machin