Re: resurrection

From: Peter Larsen <p3larsen_at_aFe_goRIqAg4Ph0ooV72nySun2KAaiZYQcBT0lcYK24UIT1L1rGgtBjQrOAt2gj-b4j>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 12:56:21 -0400

If it's a Heroquest, you would have to find out the myths of the particular "Guardian of Death" god, and then deal with a variety of Alien World and attitude modifiers during that quest.

So, for an Orlanthi, the CA resurrecter has familiarity with myths as a bonus, a familiar Other world, and, while Humakt is powerful and not friendly to the idea of ressurection, if the resurectee isn't sworn to Him, CA has room for "negotiation," all of which is ritually known and tehrefore managable.

Another Theist culture might have a weaker or more amiable Guardian, but the CA worshipper would need to do a lot of research to deal with the alian and possibly enemy myth structure.

If you were trying to get a person back from Solace, the CA would have to figure out what to do (hard), then deal with an Alien Otehrworld (harder) then convince the One God to let the soul go (10W14 with only hostile modifiers likely?) -- possible, I suppose, but unwise....

Peter Larsen