Re: TimeLine

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_QAbbXtriKGkQQa73j5g7y9t-ahNqPx7m7eZzqPP7Ubgk2G6Na7onrPbXqKBArA0NbeeQk>
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2009 19:42:51 -0700

> probably my question was already discussed in the past...
>
> I wonder how it can be that there is a Dara Happan time-line with year
> 100.000 (for instance) while as far as I know TIME has "begun" only 1600
> years ago.

Because only the Barbarian "Lightbringers" count time from the Dawn (or, at least, they are the most famous ones to do so). The Dara Happans count from the beginning of the world (or, at least, from the enthronement of Yelm). 111,221 YS, when Yelm Reascended into the heavens, is "the Dawn" according to the Theyalans. Before the Dawn includes the Golden Age, the Storm Age, the greater & Lesser Darknesses, etc. etc..

If you can find a copy of the Glorious ReAscent of Yelm, that will give you the grand sweep of Dara Happan "history".

RR