Re: Again with undead questions

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_G4WezvBME5M7eowIRfrlzm9D9_hll3iETFqFGgLsQ93iGCyjQnU6zSrEFbSzHG3yJky1>
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 19:11:39 -0000

> >>It has its own magic points but does not regenerate its magic points naturally
> over time (because the hallmark of having a proper soul is that you regenerate
> your own magic points);<<
>
> In other words, it lacks a POW characteristic. That struck me as a good rule-of-thumb for RQ. Of course now that I use HQ, I have to come up with another.

Unlife violates the laws of Life and Death; Humakt strikes down the Unlife because they are neither Life nor Death. Animated corpses, things that escaped from the Underworld (but properly belong there), unliving monsters that suck Life from this world - all these things are Humakt's enemies. Someone who has been returned to Life from the Dead by Chalana Arroy's magic is not Humakt's enemy.

That's at least how I approach it. POW or no POW is just a game mechanic and not really an explanation.

BTW, Unlife shows up a surprising amount in the Sartar Book and it includes a major scenario taking place in the Upland Marsh. More on that in the next few days.

Jeff