Re: Again with undead questions

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_cKR8Q3kzlTNuNQzVmpb4HcqG0iSP-RlM-0woSirUAFEQy5PZZDXi-HalJ9Yh3Z6e_Hp_>
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 05:49:40 -0000

> This raises an interesting question: Alkoth has several denizens which are normally considered undead, including skeletons, zombies and vampires. While in Alkoth, which is part of the underworld, would they considered such?

The use of terms like "vampires", "draugrs", and "zombies" is unfortunate and has managed to convince people that there is some neat and clear system of undead classification. In the scenario through the Upland Marsh (with lots of undead) we never use any of those terms.

Creatures of the Underworld residing in Alkoth do not attract Humakt's ire, as Alkoth is part of the Underworld. The Dead residing in Shargash's Enclosure do not normally leave Alkoth (although the Hellmen and other demons do, but they aren't dead if I recall).

Jeff