Re: Moon Design Update - Announcements and Forthcoming Publications

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_qm3XyXyA0_uEoAt6m6A2p6RxD27Xz4BE4lIJSfPhZQxGPWkADnXP64iVh6jghId2IanV>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 05:15:29 -0000

> I am sure that all of these books will kick ass... in content, as well as
> art... and maps...

The content is pretty damn impressive, if I do say so myself. HeroQuest (2nd Edition) is Robin Laws unleashed. The Sartar Book is the new core setting book for the Sartar Campaign. Around 400 pages with index, this book covers just about everything you might want to run a Sartarite campaign. The Sartar Book is lots of gameable material, not just deep background, and has a lot of the feel of the old RQ2 and RQ3 books (even though it is written for HeroQuest 2nd Ed).

Since I was one of the two lead authors (Greg is the other), I am pretty biased about it. So I figured I'd just snatch a little review of it that was posted at the Tavern by our own Newt Newport:

"Woot!!

Jeff was kind enough to send me the draft version of Sartar, and its 375 pages of very playable very accessible Glorantha. Everything you wanted to know about the Sartarites, HeroQuesting, Specific Orlanthi HeroQuests, their friends and enemies, Gazetteer, Customs, Long form cult write ups for the popular Orlanthi deities (Orlanth, Chalana Arroy, Ernalda, Humakt, Urox, Elmal off the top of my head) + a 100 page epic adventure (which would be double the size if it had stats - since HQ2 has a statless approach to outlining adventures).

I'm slowly digesting this monster, but early indications is that its a classic!"