Re: July 1st Worldwide Release of HeroQuest 2nd Edition

From: donald_at_bnbEEcqfQ9rKu9uAf0Yqz-nWN8v2uhEzdHgz08dsry47gq4kZU8DOBs1GTx3Qx0oeGiLh
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2009 01:16:49 GMT

In message <1a1d5ff0905311337q7703b009tb79e2103afe13930_at_QtcION8i7Q2InY-Kmy22XlERVqJDcinvOuAUJS8DBTdbokqhv_h1jm_M3yMfZqhYDAPBAE73v9FWwNNaoZ8AkBmzgP4pyXuxGXSkO6XSBixfZkMYyu2nIQfiwWtS51vD.yahoo.invalid> L C writes:
>Cute.
>Does that mean they cannot order in anyway until July 1st? So no
>distributors will know about it, etc until then? Because as far
>as my flgs can tell it doesn't exist right now and there is nothing
>indicating it will be available to them.

Shops in the UK (it may be different elsewhere) usually order based on their distributor's list of what's available. They will get the list for the week commencing 29th June sometime the previous week. They will probably place an order on Monday so they get the stock in time for the weekend. Therefore the time to place an order is the last weekend in June.

I'm assuming the Worldwide release means the distributors will have copies by that date. In the past release dates have been when the product became available in the US and surface shipping added an uncertain number of weeks to when distributors elsewhere got their delivery.

I expect the distributors have placed their orders already and know when to expect delivery but they won't take orders or discuss availability with shops beforehand. Too many things can go wrong in a month.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/