Re: Changed magic in 2nd and 3rd Age

From: L C <lightcastle_at_27uZfWt-S1SUXt0WdcGjD3z9tc1IFYMhKdN3G974r40W0hv72EU5kVskSUvt4zqe>
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2009 00:46:06 -0400

It's late, and I have more 10-12 hour workdays ahead of me.

So while there is some disagreement about some details, but the basic consensus on the list here is that all magic that isn't common magic is gained (at least initially) through a heroquest - the following and re-enactment of a myth. So intrinsically, there is no difference in how the three worlds magics are gained by the people who set them up, it is only in how someone has to follow them that the split occurs. (You learn formulae from a book, do the proper sacrifice, learn the negotiating trick of the spirit.)

That... wasn't what I figured, but seems to be the implication coming out of this discussion.
LC