Re: Changed magic in 2nd and 3rd Age

From: L C <lightcastle_at_f0wiTjR48RoxG7y4BDeqKCAzXXI5uZiKb7_wNOndii3wbeUspey9sOr7JK1NbwmZ>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 00:21:11 -0400

Peter Metcalfe wrote:

>My problem with this is that it implies that the Gods own the
>Runes.
>Sorcerous power runs parallel to theistic power IMO.

Agreed. I mean, isn't that the whole point of there being a "three-world" system now? All three run parallel or something.

>Thus if a sorcerer was trying to manipulate a runic manifestation
equivalent to a god in
> power, he would be working on the Saints Plane rather than the Spell
Plane (for
>ordinary magic).

I got the impression he was arguing that what the GodLearners were doing was actually stealing Theistic power specifically in some tricksy way that they learned.
That trick is what eventually got fried out of the universe by backlash. I might have misunderstood, of course.

LC