Re: Saints as an access to runes (like gods)

From: ttrotsky2 <TTrotsky_at_-YC_mug5qtE_l31noJuKvz_aFVrDvFjNJ5sLYIcaqW9AVAXm00JKVaqmUD_NJceIrYq>
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2009 09:13:20 -0000

"Paolo Guccione" wrote:

> Also, do not forget that from now on grimoires are
> directly linked to one particular rune. If a mage has created
> several spells, he can perhaps add them to the standard grimoire of
> his faith with no difficulty. Creating a new grimoire requires a
> deep understanding of the rune that fuels it, and if it is not a
> rune previously used by your Church or Order, this can be really
> difficult.

Certainly it's especially hard if you want to connect to a new rune. But creating the new spells for that rune in the first place is likely at least half the battle. But, yes, that would require exceptional skill; I'm just not convinced that we need a whole new level of devotion in rules terms to describe it.

But it's many years yet before the HQ2 version of the Western rules will be published, so opinions may have changed by then.

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic

Not a Dead Communist: http://jrevell.blogspot.com/