Re: Sunstop and conception of Arkat

From: Todd Gardiner <todd.gardiner_at_g7UUXIrwxgAisTSyAGmua9nFW6r2D54FjP8Grx7O49JY_v8C9yJfWaO0fH46Wr>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 12:49:31 -0700

Are you sure that Arkat was a mortal?

He started off as a Brithani, betrayed them, and went through a long (more than a lifetime) string of assumed roles and betrayal of those roles, culminating with becoming a troll. I think it's very hard to make a definite statement about what Arkat was, even within the myths of one culture.

Add to that the complication that we are talking about 1000 year old (imaginary) history, following two continent-wide setbacks of culture and empire.

On the other hand, the Mortal/God dichotomy is another aspect of the Same Being/Mirror Image nature of Arkat/Gbaji.