Re: Associating runes with affinities from older books

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_SI06LyR0OlR6vEykpbsRLZbakhhBLkZT4xq1L8fKWaeuiOmNY6L7RGL98FOMkzAGr8q>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 23:11:32 +1200

lokamayadon wrote:

> For example, what could be the runes of a rinliddi warrior, initiate of the vrimak
> pantheon? (ilh1 page 23)

First and foremost would be a bird rune (similar to that of Tholm). For combat, I suspect either conflict or truth (as per the rationale for Yelmalio p110 HQ2) would be appropriate. Finally the element is either sky (for flying birds) or earth (for those that scratch at the soil). Water and darkness are minor possibilities.

> But it's the same for (quite) all the lunar cults

In addition to the Moon Rune:

Alanthore:  	Death and Spirit
Arimtasus:  	Mastery
Asyrex:     	Family
Blaskarth:  	Chaos
Borovich:   	Infinity
Cerise Church:	Essense
Chagatishi: 	Combat
Cwurl Toran:	Dog
Dakkalesilla:	Crop
Danfive Xaron:  Penance
Deezola:	Harmony and Mastery
Erana Halfmoon: Sky and Darkness
Eyzaal:		Stasis and Movement
Star Twins:     Twins (actually the Dara Happan Two Rune surrounded
by a 		Buserian symbol for brightness).
Felkanan:	Earth and Family
Fjordaur:	Death
Gerra:		Suffering
Gortania:	Change
Grevlar:	Victory and Death
Hechkoth:	Spirit
HonEel:		Death and Chaos
Hwarin:		Bridge
Irin:		Bull
Irrippi:	Awareness and Truth
Jakaleel:	Suffering and Awareness
Kana Poor:  	Time
Lesilla:	Fertility
Makabeus:	Disorder and Harmony
Merasedenya:	Dreams
Natha:		Combat, Sky and Darkness.
Oskholevth:	Literacy
Oskrascota:	Beast
Otarshkanar: 	Wyrm
Pinugia:	Man (or more precisely streetkid)
Senthera:  	Fertility
Tafamarulf:	Chaos
Teelo Norri:	Innocence
Ulurda:		Hunting