Re: Runes of Oria

From: Greg Stafford <glorantha1_at_1jQQfkjNuw1lAljV7MEe8jE7k0g1OrEVcvxM8ZY9hcpL-cIkjHOgx-g665_LgP4En>
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2009 09:55:10 -0700

YGWV I will back Benedict on this.

While many Lunar runes have a vertical line, I would not say that a vertical line is Lunar.

First, the runes are pictured in a standard alignment, but in fact, in Glorantha they appear upside down, backward, and sideways right or left and mean the same thing. Part of this is that we use a font that is always the same.
Point is, a circle with a horizontal line is exactly the same as a circle with a vertical line.

Lunar runes are often bifurcated to reveal the Lunar concept of dualism and balance.

Second, the Babeester Gor rune is pretty closed to a bisected earth rune, but not quie...

--Greg

--
Greg Stafford
Game Designer